“GOOD ARCHITECTURE IMPLIES AN UNLEADING CREATIVE QUEST”
…Roof tiles used as facades.
Sounds weird, right?
Instead I tell you it is actually happening…
At first, it could sound really strange, but if you think about how many different shapes and colors terracotta tiles have, you can easily use your imagination to figure out how good looking and different your wall will look.
And the look is not all, it comes with all the benefits of terracotta.
Yes, because a material such as terracotta is not only beneficial for your roof, but can be actually very good for the whole house!
Do you remember dear readers when I talked to you about the roof ventilation, the protection from cold/heat? Yes, it could work for your wall as well!
Which are the major benefits of a terracotta façade?
- Hot and Cold benefits: it works as the house had a second skin, which protects it from the cold in winter and the heat in summer. Moreover, terracotta has very good sound insulation properties: no one will hear anything coming from your home, and you will be able to sleep like a baby J!
- Ventilation: as the façade will be built as a roof, with battens, it will allow the airflow and the façade will be ventilated, maintaining the goodlooking color without growing mold.
- Easy to clean: if a terracotta tile is a good quality one, it is waterproof and therefore easy to clean because will not absorb the water and change color: to clean it, you will just need a pump J!
- Versatility: as mentioned before, you will have a huge variety of shapes and colors to choose from!
- Optimal choice for renovations: Facade cladding with clay roof tiles is particularly suitable for renovation: you can hide the old façade behind the clays. This can be the optimal solution for a old non insulated wall affected by thermal bridges.
Yes guys, I never thought about it either, but terracotta façades seem awesome :D!
“LOHAS Australia is committed in promoting sustainable home and living for Australian households”